USING N3000 ENCODERS AS A VIDEO SOURCE FOR MODERO TOUCH PANELS
The N3000 video encoders can be utilized with Modero touch panels as a video preview source. Tests were performed with a standard N3000 encoder, and a Modero-X touch panel.
Some factors need to be taken in consideration. Below detail the settings for the N3000 encoder.
1) Most default settings can stay, the primary changes are in the "Stream Settings" sections, or in the top Encoder Setup section.
2) While the Modero will accept resolutions up to 1080p, problems with video were noticed. The best video with no video artifacts was observed at 480p.
3) The suggested settings below were determined in testing to provide reliable video with the lowest latency achievable.
4) With these settings, latency can be expected to be between 3 and 5 seconds. Latency will vary based on Bandwidth, output resolution and other settings.
5) Audio to the Touch panel was not tested
Encoder Setup Section:
NOTE: The Streaming URL will depend on the output stream number of the Encoder. After initial commissioning and setting of the N3000 stream number, determine the final URL by referencing the Stream URL in the "VLC media Player" section of the N3000 encoder (upper right hand corner of the Encoder properties page):